Dark Ages of Cybertron Wiki
Advertisement

Back to Main Page


Back to 2012 Logs

12/31/2012 05:39 PM

Murusa is walking around Iacon, having been here awhile now as the plans for retaking by her home city are worked out. After all the group of CC guards mechs that came here plus the Autobots want to be sure things go their way. She stops at the edge of the dome, looking around at those that come and go as they take posts and what not.

Ratchet is not driving out of Iacon, not at all. Just sort of edging around it for now, prowling and needing to move to get thoughts moving. he looks over and spots Murusa in the distance before trundling her way.

Murusa notices the medic and raises a hand to wave at him. Ever the polite femme. "Good cycle." she offers with a smile. "My hip is doing so much better after that replacement, thank you."

Cloudlight makes her way down to the ground, transforming only a few feet above it and landing carefully.

Ratchet transforms and meets her face to face as opposed to vehicle to face. "Good Cycle to you too Murusa. I'm glad to hear that. " he smiles. He looks over "Have you met Cloudlight? She's recently local. "

Cloudlight has followed Ratchet outside of Iacon, and so when Ratchet refers to her, she waves a hand shyly and smiles uncertainly. "H-hello."

Murusa looks toward the other femme and offers a wave back, "No I have not met her. Been keeping to the interior of the city, but this cycle I was just going a little stir crazy so decided to go for a little walk." she smiles to Cloudlight, "Hello."

Ratchet says, "I think we're all going stircrazy" Ratchet empathises "Went for a drive a few days ago and got shot at though....not entirely safe out here." He points out." Although this close should be. ""

Cloudlight smiles a bit more when Murusa smiles. "I was not going stir crazy. I had been out here a while, trying my best not to get detected by Decepticons, so..." She smiles to Ratchet. "But, I will help keep you from being shot at, if I am able."

Murusa nods, "I'm content to stick close to safely, at my age its best to be careful." she notes with a smile. She looks back to the femme, "I am happy to hear that, but I do carry a weapon." she notes, gesturing to the standard issue CC guard spear that's attached to her back.

Ratchet unsubspaces my blaster "So do I. Didnt' do me too much good, but there you have it." He grumbles." maybe i need to put some more time in at the range."

Murusa smiles to the suggestion, "Never hurts to stay in practice."

Cloudlight smiles softly to Ratchet. "Well, you are a trained medic. You can't be expected to face down a trained Decepticon warrior without some backup. I would not be able to face down a trained Decepticon warrior, either. So, we should stick together."

Ratchet ponders that for a moment "Actually some target practice doesnt' sound half bad to me. Murusa, Cloudlight, would you care to accompany me? Lacking actual decepticons I think that'd be the next best option."

Murusa inclines her head, "I would be happy to do so." she says.

Cloudlight blinks a bit. "Target practice?" she asks, then smiles. "Alright." she says, giving a nod. "Please, lead the way, Doctor."

Murusa follows along and looks around at the range, "Nice set up."

Ratchet looks around " yup, it is. We can check out other weapons too, and they acan show you how to use them."

Cloudlight peeks into the shooting range, then steps into it the training room. "...does this count as a military area?" she wonders softly.

Murusa nods to the medic, "Well then I suppose I'll check out a gun and get some shooting practice in."

Ratchet hesitates, looking over at Cloudlight. "Good question. I'm going to go with "No" as anyone can come here and practice, including civilians. And I'm willing to take responsibility for you being here."

Cloudlight nods to Ratchet and smiles softly. "Alright...so, how does it work?" she says, looking around curiously. "Are there physical targets, or simulated targets? Do we use our weapons?"

Ratchet says, "That's entirely up to you. There's stationary targets, pop up targets, and i think they have some scenario's out back with some lastertag guns too if you want to get that into it. If you're lookign for antyhing else you might have to ask, I've only played around with the stationary and the pop up targets."

Cloudlight hmms. "Alright. then we should have a contest to see who can hit the most pop up targets!" she says, then blinks and looks down a bit. "Um...i-if you want to, that is..."

Ratchet grins. "heh, a medic against a seeker? I don't think I stand a chance. But lets give it a try." he encourages her. He flags down a staff member and explains what we need, getting a lane set up for the three of us. The staffer agrees to set it up and he comes back to Cloudlight. " there, we're getting set up."

Cloudlight smiles happily when Ratchet agrees, and pulls her blaster from her side, powering it up and checking the systems. "Alright! Hopefully I can beat a medic at something like this." she says, taking a few practice aims at various targets.

Murusa returns from the check out with a standard issue laser pistol. "I'm ready." she notes with a smile.

Ratchet motions to the lane "Then please ladies, lets see how many targets we can take out. " he motions at them "Ladies first"

Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 12! Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Murusa checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Murusa takes her first shot and hits without issue. "Still got it." Cloudlight takes a shot after Murusa and nails her target as well, then giggles and smiles happily. Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS!

Ratchet fiddles with his gun several times before eventually squeezing off a shot that its the target, mostly. Thankfully he's not too shown up in the first round he decides.

Murusa looks for a slightly harder target to tag. "Not bad Ratchet." she offers to the medic.

After the initial round of shots, the spent targets retract. Then, targets pop up again, but this time, farther back, and for a shorter period of time. "Difficulty changed to 'Hard'." a computerized voice says. (targets are now HARD instead of MEDIUM)

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs HARD Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 14!

Cloudlight takes a shot at her new target, some of her Decepticon military training showing up as she hits the target within a few inches of what would be the Spark chamber. "Yay! I hit it!" the seeker femme exclaims happily.

Murusa checks her Ranged software vs HARD Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 2!

Murusa takes her shot and gets just the very edge of it. "Hmm."

Ratchet grins "Well done Cloudlight! " he cheers her on and when Murusa hits, "You hit it," he points out to Murusa. "And if I was a'con I'd be very unhappy at you grazing my head." He gets his own little blaster ready and aims carefully, taking a little longer.

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs HARD Difficulty and FAILS! Ratchet doesnt' even skim his target, missing it by a mile. He grins unrepentantly "And that ladies, is why I need practice." Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 19!

	 All three targets retract, then there is a pause, giving them enough time to start to lose interest before...they pop up again! Two new targets, but one is still the same target...

Murusa smile slightly to the vote of confidence, "Would certainly get one of them mad." then a nod of her head, "Nice try though."

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs HARD Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 8!

Cloudlight takes another shot, feeling a bit more confident! "Take that! ...um...Decepticon!" Her shot is a bit off target, catching it in the side, but still a decent hit. "Hey! I'm not as terrible as I thought!"

Murusa checks her Ranged software vs HARD Difficulty and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 12!

Murusa misses her next target, apparently she waited a bit too long. "Indeed." she murmurs.

Ratchet says, "You're quite good at this." Ratchet comments at Cloudlight. "Is it outside the range you'd usually fire at when you're on duty?" Ratchet asks, before trying to hit is non-moving target one more time, carefully."

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs HARD Difficulty and FAILS! Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 1!

Ratchet is only off by a hair this time though, but he's still off, and misses the bright "PING!" of a target being hit.

The targets retract again, and there is another long pause before...boing! They spring up again! With most of the shots being misses, the targets stay at the same difficulty.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs HARD Difficulty and FAILS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 7!

Cloudlight aws as her companions miss. She smiles to both. "Don't worry! I'm sure you'll get it this time!" she says to them before blinking. Her target is up again! She fires, but is too late. "Aww!"

Murusa checks her Ranged software vs HARD Difficulty and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 1!

Murusa tries again and just barely misses the target. "No mech or femme is perfect all the time."

Ratchet takes his time t his time, really concentrating.

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs HARD Difficulty and FAILS! Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 7!

Ratchet is off by more this time, but not upset. "starting to wonder if this blaster can make that range" he confides

Not a single target is hit this time, and as they reset, they more forward again. "Difficulty too high. Targets reset to MEDIUM."

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and FAILS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 5!

Cloudlight blinks as the targets move toward them. "...I guess...we weren't good enough...?" she says softly before firing at the new target. Even at the closer range, her shot goes wide, and she sighs softly. "This isn't looking good. If we were in combat..."

Ratchet shakes his head "In combat you'd have shot three 'cons already. " He points out. "Besides, when stuff moves you have to recalibrate. "

Murusa checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 18!

Murusa takes the shot and hits it dead center in the spark chamber. "Hm, maybe you are right could be the weapons."

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 11!

Ratchet hits the target there, not a brilliant shot but an adequate one. The mech who received it would have definitely felt it. "yeah i'm starting to t hink it might be." Ratchet looks over at Murusa "Remind me not to annoy you when you're holding a gun?" he comments,t easing

With two targets hit, the targets retract. There is a short pause before the spring up again in the same spots.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 3!

Cloudlight smiles as the other two hit their targets. "Good work." she says softly, then takes a shot of her own, and manages to hit! ...if only the very outer ring of the target. "...well..it is not a miss.." she says, smiling just a bit.

Murusa checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 4!

Murusa smiles to the tease, "Should see me with my spear." a chuckle as she waits for the next round and takes aim. She misses by a bit, now she takes a close look at the weapon.

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 20!

Ratchet hits the medium target dead centre in teh spark chamber, holds up his blaster and blows it as if to blow away teh smoke before getting chided by a staffer for fooling around. He grins "X marks the spot." Ratchet says, "And if you're more comfortable with your spear please use it" he invites Murusa. "i'd love to see you with it.""

As the computer seems to have found the trio's optimal range, the targets stay put, retracting after each shot, then popping up again a short time later.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 10!

Cloudlight bounces excitedly and giggles a bit as Ratchet hits his target dead on. Then, another giggle as Murusa checks her weapon. The seeker femme takes aim again and fires, striking her target mid-way between center and edge.

Murusa checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 6!

Murusa considers that a moment, "It's not exactly a ranged weapon, unless I throw it. Be a shame to lose it in battle doing that." she points out, "But if we can set up a drone for close quarters combat I'd be willing to show my stuff." She takes her next shot and hits one of the outer rings.

Ratchet nods "we can, if you want?" he aims at his target again, trying ot match his previous shot.

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 4!

Ratchet and watches it goes wilder this time, still hitting but on the outside of the target.

All three targets are hit this time! The computer makes a happy 'ping!', as the targets retract, then there is a short pause before the targets pop up again.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and FAILS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 16!

Cloudlight hmms as she hears the talk about the spear. "I wonder if they have a combat simulator? We could test our skills against each other, playing to our strengths." she says before taking another shot. This one quite wide. "...ohmy..." she says softly.

Murusa nods toward the medic, "I'd like that." she looks toward the other femme, then back to him, "You can have my targets if you like." then a smile to the femme, "They probably have something set up."

Ratchet looks over for a long moment "No, I think I'd rather join you." he answers quietly "Unless you'd rather erm...take each other out?"

Murusa cocks her head at the mech, "Did you mean me or her by that statement my dear gentlemech?" is asked with a raised brow.

Cloudlight hmms. "I...am curious whether I would be any good in combat...I haven't really fought outside of training. This would be a good chance to test myself. I want to be able to help." She pauses a moment, then looks to the other two. "Should it be a three way battle royal, or should two of us team up against another?" she asks before blinking at Ratchet and waiting for his response to Murusa.

Ratchet realises he may have put his pedes in it again "What I meant was...do you want to go for a three-bot faux fight, or would you rather I leave you ladies to your combat simulation and I continue with the targets?" he answers, slightly stiffly .

Murusa considers then elects with, "Us ladies can do a spar while you target practice, then you can take winner." is suggested.

Ratchet chuckles "I"ll give it my very best shot." he promises.

Cloudlight seems alright with this setup. She talks to the shooting range supervisor, then smiles as he hands her a pair of practice weapons which will register hits, but cause no damage. She hands Murusa a spear, keeping a blaster for herself. "Alright...shall we say the first to get 10 hits wins?" she asks Murusa.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and FAILS!

Ratchet watches them for a short while, before turning back to my target, before turning back tot eh ladies and watching

Murusa incilnes her head as she takes the practice spear, "SOunds good." she notes and goes into a stance, "Ready when you are young one." she smiles.

Cloudlight nods, then crouches low as well. "Alright...good luck..." she says, caught between nervousness and excitement. She begins running to the side, firing shots as she moves, trying to stay out of spear range, practice lasers searing through the air toward Musura.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and FAILS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 13! Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and SUCCEEDS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 17!

Murusa twirls her spear lightly between her fingers then crouches down to dodge away then does a tuck and roll. She regains her feet and gives chase, she may be older and a big slower, but the spear gives her reach.

Ratchet hears a ping from teh range reminding me to shoot and fires off a shot in the targets general direction, annoyed at the distraction.

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS!

Ratcet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 12!

Ratchet hits the target, and doesnt' do half bad a job. Apparently teh trick, he decides, its to relax and get annoyed at it.

Cloudlight winces as her shots go wide, then eeks as she gets hit. Although it doesn't hurt, it does knock her off her feet. She catches herself, and hops back to her feet. She would cheer for Ratchet, but she is in the middle of defending herself! "Looks like the first point is yours." she says to Murusa as she resumes running, continuing to fire at the more experienced femme.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 1! Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 11!

Murusa gets tagged by the follow up shot from the femme, which throws off the swipe she was going for. "And a point to you." she replies with a soft smile.

Ratchet claps softly at Murusa's hit, not wanting to distract either, before clapping for Cloudlight. Then the range pings again and he frowns at it, aiming his blaster and looking back at the ladies.

Ratchet checks his Unarmed software vs MEDIUM Difficulty and SUCCEEDS! Ratchet picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Ratchet rolls a 5!

Ratchet is obviously more distracted as that one went wider.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 5!

Cloudlight smiles just a bit as she manages to hit Murusa, then eeks as she manages to avoid getting speared. "Heehee..." she giggles softly, starting to enjoy herself. She keeps firing, continuing to try and avoid that spear.

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and SUCCEEDS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 9!

Murusa may have been zinged again, but this time she is ready for it and comes in with a swing with the spear. "You are enjoying this aren't you girl."

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and FAILS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 4!

Cloudlight blinks. "W-what? N-no!" she stammers, not wanting them to think she enjoys fighting Autobots. Which allows her to be caught in the side by that spear, sending her off balance this time. She fires some more, but has no luck with her feet shuffling unsteadily.

Ratchet ignores the range and watches the ladies, simply enjoying and clapping any time either hits.

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 10!

Murusa chuckles softly at that and evades the shot, "You are allowed to enjoy it you know." she notes. A swing and a miss!

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 7!

Cloudlight 's cheekplates redden a bit at the permission to enjoy battle. But, her smile returns, gaining confidence as she hops over a spear swing. "W-well...if you say so!" she says as she fires a few more shots. "Take that! Heehee!"

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and SUCCEEDS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 15!

Murusa takes the hits in stride. Allowing for correction she comes in hard with her next swing, aiming for dead center.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 5!

Cloudlight is caught near the center of her chestplate, and knocked for a loop. She lands on all fours, then hops quickly back to her feet. "It looks like we are pretty even." she says as she starts running again, firing the small red lasers of her practice pistol at Murusa. "Ratchet! Who is winning?" she calls out.

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 16!

Murusa takes the shot in the arm, which has her really whiff the next swing. "Might be right young one."

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 1!

Ratchet says, "Its 5-3 at the moment, with Cloudlight in the lead!" he calls out between shots."

Cloudlight , pressing her advantage, runs out of range again, then tries to run a circle around Murusa while she keeps firing. She barely nicks Murusa, but it is still a hit! "Come on, Murusa! You can do it!" she calls, not wanting her opponent to feel discouraged.

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 9!

Murusa gets tagged again, and obviously her age is getting to her against the younger foe. "Trying my best lass." she assures with a smile.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 1!

Ratchet simply leans against a support, watching the ladies, and ignoring the range pinging at him. After all, this is much more interesting, he decides.

Cloudlight eeks and rolls away from another hit, rolling to a kneeling position and firing again, getting carried away by the excitement of battle. "I'm better than I thought!" she exclaims happily.

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 16!

Murusa keeps trying to take the quicker femme, "Indeed." she intones, missing very wide with her next swipe. She's certainly slowling down some.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 4!

Cloudlight rolls away again, feeling untouchable by now. The gain in confidence associated with a battle going her way is a new thing to her. "Come on, Murusa! Can't get me!" she says, sounding rather child-like. She keeps firing as she runs, smiling almost smugly now, a look that is probably a bit unnerving to see on a former Decepticon.

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 18!

Murusa frowns at the femme as she stoops to taunting, she gets zinged again and misses yet again wide with her swing. "Patience." she reminds herself.

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 16!

Ratchet watches critically "8-4 ladies," he calls out, thinking this over.

Cloudlight takes advantage of the gap left by the wide swing, running in close and firing at near point blank range, then running right past Murusa and on into her evasive actions. "9 to 4 now!"

Murusa checks her Melee software vs Cloudlight and FAILS! Murusa picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Murusa rolls a 9!

Ratchet shakes his head "Still 8-4"

Murusa is really studying what the femme is doing, and yet the faster, more agile youth is getting her with her shots. "Would be more even if this were close quarter combat with spears. But then I did accept," she takes a swing and misses, "what was offered."

Cloudlight checks her Ranged software vs Murusa and SUCCEEDS! Cloudlight picks up the dicebag and takes out a D20. Cloudlight rolls a 3!

Cloudlight barely avoids the following swing by Murusa, performing a dodge roll that leads her back to her feet, facing Murusa. "Gotcha!" she exclaims happily as she fires again, another graze hit, but the computer still lights up with a 10-4 score.

Murusa sees the score and conceeds politely. "Well fought. You did very well." she notes with a slight smile.

Ratchet looks over at Cloudlight "right, and then you want to have a go at me? " he shakes his head and chuckles "That's not going to last long. "

Cloudlight smiles happily, then runs over toward Murusa, hopping to land in front of the other femme. "You were pretty good with that spear. I bet if we were in a real combat situation, I'd be pretty beat up." she says, then points to the hit location indicators. "See? I might have hit more, but your hits were more powerful." The little blue seeker seems happy to have had a nice, fun, non-deadly simulation with someone. She blinks as she hears she is supposed to face Ratchet now, then hees. "Alright." she says, feeling confident after her victory.

Murusa inclines her head and steps out of the arena, "Good luck Ratchet." she offers with a smile, to the femme she says, "Thank you for saying so."

Cloudlight blinks as an indicator goes off on her forearm. "Oh. It looks like I am running low on energon. I'll have to face you later, Doctor." she says, then smiles to Murusa. "Thank you for training with me." she says before heading off toward the refueling station.

Ratchet waves at Cloudlight as she goes "see you later!"

Murusa smiles to the femme, "See you Cloudlight."

Ratchet turns to Murusa when the damned infernal lane pings again. "I think its upset with me."

Murusa chuckles softly, "Perhaps. I think I'll shall retire. That femme tired me out."

Advertisement